Hi, I'm Oğuz
a data engineer
Those times when you get up early and you work hard;
those times when you stay up late and you work hard;
those times when you don’t feel like working, you’re too tired,
you don’t want to push yourself, but you do it anyway;
That is actually the dream. That’s the dream.
It’s not the destination, it’s the journey.
Hi there, I'm Oğuz!
I’m data engineer team lead at Miuul and also mentor at Data Science and Machine Learning Bootcamp.
In this site I’ll share my blog posts about data science, my daily routine and tech.
Hope you enjoy and like it, cya!
From my mentees
Oğuz is one of the most inspiring people that I've ever met on Data Science and Machine Learning Bootcamp and I had the pleasure of being a student of his. He is a person who is interested in learning and teaching. He also taught me a lot with his skills in problem solving and motivation. I feel very lucky to have met him.
He is a disciplined, hardworking and understanding team leader whom I have learned a lot in the field of Data Science& Machine Learning and I can consult on all kinds of technical issues in this field. He supported us whenever we had difficulties, always motivated us and provided us invaluable advice on Data Science and business life.
He's a pretty good trainer at his job. We learned a lot from him. He is a very good data scientist.
I worked with Oğuz about 4 months and he was my mentor at VBO. His habit was to take everyone together and help everyone. He was very helpful and he kept encouraging and motivated us. Through his overall asset he is an ideal coworker. Although he was very experienced in Data Science, he is very passionate and eager to improve himself and learn new things in that field. I am sure you will never regret working with him.
I have made while
From 22'06 to Present
- Building Data Pipeline
- Leading Miuul Project Team
- Coordinating Data Engineer Path
- Giving lectures & workshops
From 20'6 to Present
- Mentoring over 200+ participants about data science, career path etc.
- Teaching data science topics, code reviews
- Writing articles about data science & data engineering
- Working closely with Miuul data science team to create and evaluate models for bespoke industry problems using a combination of machine learning.
From 21'1 to 22'6
- Building and sustaining a robust data culture across the company
- Leading Data & Pricing team, organizing code reviews & team tasks
- In-depth analysis of tourism monetization models/KPIs
- Managing over 500+ properties dynamic pricing & revenue management
- Collecting data with Python and creating Machine Learning projects
- Coordinating the relationship with other departments (CRM, Sales, Finance, Development), collecting their requirements and providing support on how to exploit the existing data.
- Building & Controlling Data Pipeline, Cloud management (GCP & DigitalOcean)
- Building decision support system BI Solutions (Report,Dashboard)
- Generating automation tools for performance monitoring & competitive analysis
From 2019 to 2020